Field Report - Infill & Redevelopment Committee Meeting
200 East Main Street - 5th floor
This meeting focused on the future of the Infill and Redevelopment Committee. Members discussed the purpose of the committee, with many indicating it was useful as a “community sounding board”.
Main Issues Discussed:
- High cost of parking in infill and redevelopment zone
- Ways to highlight investment outcomes
- Housing Market Study being undertaken by he Downtown Development Authority, Property Valuation Administrator, the Home Builders Association, and the Fayette Alliance
- Need for new committee members
- Updates on Derek Paulsen’s research collecting building permits and fair cash values to determine impact of redevelopment on neighborhing property values
Committee's Next Steps:
- Committee will review the projects list in the Summary Report
- Committee will suggest potential co-chair candidates and new members
- Derek Paulsen will continue research
- Staff will aggregate legacy documents of Infill & Redevelopment Committee
When is the next Infill & Redevelopment Committee meeting?
No Meeting scheduled
What is the Infill & Redevelopment Committee?
The Infill and Redevelopment Committee is an ad-hoc subcommittee of the Planning Commission that deals with issues of development within Lexington’s Urban Core.
Who is on the Infill & Redevelopment Committee?
- Steve Kay, Vice Mayor
- Councilmember James Brown
- Derek Paulsen, Commission of Planning
- Janice Westlund, Senior Planner
- Jimmy Emmons, Senior Planner
- Judy Needham, University of Kentucky
- Stan Harvey, Lord Aeck Sargent
- Jeff Fugate, Lexington Downtown Development Authority
Who can I talk to about the Infill & Redevelopment Committee?
Nathan Dickerson, Legislative Aide to Vice Mayor Steve Kay
Phone: (859) 258-3202